POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : List of known bugs - any takers? : Re: List of known bugs - any takers? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:29:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: List of known bugs - any takers?
From: Tom Melly
Date: 26 Oct 2001 06:11:09
Message: <3bd936bd$1@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <run### [at] mobilixnetdk> wrote in message

> > Would it be any help if I supplied an online perl-run db?
>
> > This wouldn't duplicate the beta-test ng - it would only
> > be for recording bugs that had been acknowledged in the
> > group...
>
> Well, I don't think that's what's needed. It won't be of any use if nobody
> maintains the list in the first place, as it only adds additional work to
> the maintaining job.

IMHO I don't think it would add additional work - rather the opposite.

a) it would serve as a common reference point for people to check against to see
if a bug they'd found had already been reported (this group's signal to noise
ratio can be a problem in that respect)

b) anyone could add to the db, but the understanding would be that they should
only do so after confirming with this group that they'd found a bug

c) like a) but for the bug-fixers to see which bugs were outstanding

Anyway, I'll go ahead and do it and then the pov-team can take a look and see if
it looks like a useful resource if no one has any objections? If it's no good,
the only time wasted is my own....